In May 1949 the field on which the Village Hall and Social Centre stands was donated by Mr John Edwards to the people of Codford. The old YMCA building became the Village Club, and a committee made up of representatives of village institutions was formed to manage and maintain the facility. Prior to the hand-over in 1949, the field was known as Broadleaze, and was home to a herd of dairy cows.
In May 1993 the construction of the new hall was completed, and it was taken over by the Organising Committee.
In September 1994 the children's playground opened.
The military head-dresses and badges displayed in the village hall were painted during World War II by a soldier, W. S. Ward onto the internal black-out shutters used in the former village hall which was a soldiers' YMCA canteen. when the new village hall was constructed in 1993 these shutters were transferred and now serve as a reminder of and a tribute to the soldiers who passed through our village.
A most generous gift from Miss Kate Forbes of Codford and a donation from The Royal Artillery, the Royal Corps of Signals, the Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots and Welsh Guards, the Royal Fusiliers, the DLI, the KOYLI, the Yorkshire Yeomanry, the Lancashire and Manchester Regiment and HQ DRAC have enabled the frames and paintings to be refurbished in 2007.